Saturday, February 18, 2006

DUI


In my home state....

  • A DUI arrest trigger two different cases: the court case and the DMV hearing (if you request one in time)
  • You must request a DMV Hearing within 10 days of your arrest, or else you automatically lose!
  • A DUI conviction will cost you more than $10,000.00 over the next three years.
  • The court could order you to have in ignition interlock device installed in your car.
  • If you refuse to take a blood or breath test after you've been arrested, the DMV will try to suspend your license for a minimum of one full year, with no chance for a restricted license.
  • When someone is arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, they are offer a choice of a blood or breath test. If arrested for driving under the influence of drugs, they are offered a choice of a blood or urine test.
  • That a tongue piercing can cause an inaccurate breath test reading by trapping alcohol in the mouth.
  • Effective January 1,2005 the DUI "lookback" period was changed from 7 to 10 years. This means that if you were arrested for DUI ten years ago (or less), you are now facing a second-offense DUI.

In the mail today my son Punky got 43 different salutations from DUI Defense Lawyers from all over the city. Unfortunately, when I called him to tell him I would bring them over to him at his work I was told, "Mom, I am not trying to hear that! Just shred them up and recycle them. Anyway, its your fault cause you kicked me out!"

Denial. Such a happy place. No responsibility. Wishing people would mind their own business about my drinking/getting stoned and stop telling me what to do! If I don't think about it, then it will all go away!

"My fault? How the hell is my fault? I did not put a gun to your head and make you get stoned or drunk. You knew that you had to leave in February, we talked about it almost weekly for nine months. You had nine months to make your plans, we made sure that you would have money in your pocket and a car when you left. This is your own doing. You are responsible for your actions. Shredding the mail is not going to make this go away. What was the very last thing I said to you on the phone? Remember? I told you to look both ways before you cross a street and DON'T DRINK and DRIVE! I love you!" I tell this to anyone and everyone that leaves my house. Every. Single. Time. "Less than four hours later you are charged with a DUI!"

Click.


N Posted by Rain at 2/18/2006 11:58:00 PM

1 Comments

  • Blogger Damiel posted at 3:46 PM  
    43 salutations !!!!! 8-รด

    That's hugely stupid ... other then let out a heartfelt 'Pffftt' what can one say ?

    That's a toughie ...

    I'd like to come up with something profound to help you keep your spirits up - but all i can think of is a paraphrase from my own personal 'good book' :

    "Guard your inner being and keep it free"

    Courage
  • Post a Comment

    « Home