Friday, May 26, 2006

Medical Marvels


The Famous Specific Orange Blossom: A Positive Cure for all Female Diseases
[Ca 1885]
Beware of fraudulent Imitations
Write me a statement of your cause.
Consultations and sample, Free.
Send a 2 cent stamp
J.A Mc Gill, M.D., &Co.
3 and 4 Hubbard Ct
Chicago, Ill

New and Startling Facts for Those Afflicted with Nervous Diseases
Dr. Miles' Restorative Medicine
The Dr. Miles Medical Co
Elkhart, Ind.
An Illustrated Treatise on
Sick and Nervous Headache,
Nervousness, Convulsions, Neuralgia, Apoplexy,
Paralysis, Sleeplessness, Nervous Prostration,
Sexual Weakness, epilepsy, Dyspepsia, etc.
[Ca. 1890]

For the Cure of Dyspepsia, Indigestion, Nausea,
Constipation and Loss of Appetitie
These Bitters have No Equal
Hostetter's Stomach Bitters
[Ca 1859]
Black and White Drawing
Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh Companies
Hostetter & Smith

The Old Oaken Bucket
The Home of Swamp Root
Cures- Bladders, Livers, Kidneys, Cancer, Bright's Disease,
Groveling, Diabetes, Dropsy, And It Purifies the Blood
[Ca.1902]
Color Drawing
Dr Kilmer & Co.
Binghamton , NY
Price: on box's
Small carton~ .50
Large carton~ $1.00
Vistors are Welcome.
Thank goodness for modern day medical standards and testing! I am just sayin...

N Posted by Rain at 5/26/2006 12:26:00 AM

2 Comments

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 2:14 PM  
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, it's always fun to know that someone actually reads it once in awhile. Too bad you saw it when all my design elements were accidentally deleted by thoughtless me. Oh well. I have an interesting new template design that I'm trying to get working with Firefox and Internet Explorer. So hopefully I'll see you around. I'll make sure to visit your blog for more great posts. I especially like the one you did of the artist Joyce Ballantyne. Not too many people notice or care to appreciate artists these days but I'm glad you did.
  • Blogger Rain posted at 11:35 AM  
    Thanks Steve, I am a huge supporter of the arts and Joyce Ballantyne will be truly missed. have a good day and thank you for stopping by!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home