Friday, July 07, 2006

Being Thankful


Pacific Beach, California
Today I am most grateful for;
  • The smell of jasmine coming through open windows at night.
  • The sound of waves breaking at the shore.
  • The combined smells of coconut tanning lotion, salt and the sea.
  • Not forgetting my comb and hair conditioning when going to the beach.
  • Riding the waves in Pacific Beach, and getting some “respect” from the locals.
  • The refreshing taste of ice cold bottled water.
  • Being asked by kids if I “wanna help build the best sandcastle ever?” and joining in on the fun.
  • Being offered a lick of ice cream from a three year old girl named Nevaeh.
  • Watching a seagull dig through a woman’s belongings and flying off with her bra.
  • Watching the same woman, run after the seagull and eventually getting her bra back!
  • The moment you lock eyes with a stranger and knowing the thoughts are mutual.
  • Bongo players that play on or near the boardwalk, and wanting to dance to the beat.
  • Listening to a man recite original poetry to the beat of the bongo’s.
  • Watching the sunset over the ocean. Beautiful.
  • Coming home to a clean house.
  • Having the neighbors children offering to help unload my truck when I pull into the driveway.
  • The smell of freshly mowed lawn.
  • My dog Rascal, happily waiting for me to come in my front door.
  • Looking at the mail realizing that there is not a bill to be found in the stack.
  • Checking the answering machine and being told by a wrong number that my voice sounds sexy.
  • The refreshing taste of watermelon on a humid day.
  • Resisting the urge to eat my son’s frozen Milky Way bar.
  • Having the house to yourself and being able to read without disruption.
  • Reading my favorite blogs written by many talented folks. Please see here for a awesome post!
  • Taking a long bath with lots of bubbles, lit candles and soothing music.
  • The smell of fresh linen on my bed, calling to me offering a peaceful nights sleep.

Goodnight everyone!





N Posted by Rain at 7/07/2006 12:48:00 AM

5 Comments

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:11 AM  
    You have such an interesting mind, Rain. Very complex. Oh - and I wanted to let you know I have included your work in my Friday Features segment. You write with such soul, my dear. Have a good weekend.
  • Blogger Lyndon posted at 11:10 AM  
    What a beautiful list, I throughly enjoyed reading it. Hope you have a wonderful weekend as well :-)
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 5:51 PM  
    All great things indeed....well, maybe with the exception of the dog...but that's just me.
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 7:11 PM  
    It all sounds too good, I can't wait for our summer (we are inside with the heater on trying to enjoy indoor activities without going crazy) - Have a great weekend!
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 12:14 PM  
    I love your list.
    I saw a pink moon on Sunday night and it blew me away.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Found you on BlogExplosion.
    Take care,
    Frances
  • Post a Comment

    « Home