Monday, September 25, 2006

Festivals


Trevor Hoffman got the final out and the celebration was on against Pittsburgh Sunday. Hoffman pitched a 1-2-3 ninth inning in front of a roaring crowd to become baseball's career saves leader, and the NL West-leading San Diego Padres beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 2-1 Sunday. Way to go Trevor!




Saturday I took Rainman and his girlfriend to The Festival Del Mar, at the Del Mar Race Track.
Their favorite band was The Bill McGee Blues Band and mine was George Thorogood and The Destroyers. We had a great time!



On Sunday we went to the Adams Avenue Street Fair. This is an annual event for my family and a wonderful community event. There were lots of street vendors and of course all the antique shops were open. While the kids were at the carnival I spent two hundred dollars on vintage advertisement's. I found one booklet that listed "The Safest and Most Pleasant Preparation of Opium" c.1800. Also I found a page celebrating "National Washer and Ironer Week." Yay Me!

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Brian over at An Audience of One for Winning the 2006 Okie Blog Award for Best Writing. Brian is a wonderful writer and sometimes his posts seem like they are written just for me! (Of course they are really not) He always inspires me to be a better person and gives me hope for the future. Besides Brian is one of the sexiest men in our blogging community and along with his beautiful girlfriend Terri , make a real hot couple. Congratulations Brian!


N Posted by Rain at 9/25/2006 08:11:00 PM

5 Comments

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 5:15 PM  
    Yep, you are right about Brian, he is a wonderful writer! I think he is cute also! His girlfriend is one lucky woman.

    Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday. Styx here we come!

    Love ya sweetie, Candy
  • Blogger Politically Homeless posted at 6:11 PM  
    Awww Rain, you are so sweet. Thank you for the kind words! :)

    I would've LOVED to have seen George Thorogood. That must've been awesome!
  • Blogger Lyndon posted at 6:22 AM  
    Wow, I didn't know Trevor Hoffman was still pitching. Wonder how long before some breaks the record again, it seems someone does it every couple of years.

    On an unrelated note. I think you forgot to close the tag at the end of your profile picture. But someone with more web knowledge should be able to help you with it.
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 6:24 AM  
    *lol* Those vintage ads sound like they're a good laugh. I occasionally buy old comics and when i read some of the adds in those theres usually at least a couple that make me laugh due to their shere ridiculousness (is that even a word?)
  • Blogger Rain posted at 8:35 AM  
    Hey Candy...yep, were going to ROCK N ROLL tomorrow. Woohoo!

    Brian, you are amazing! The Festival Del Mar was great, they had the stages set up and the performance schedule so you could enjoy all the performers. Also there was a Fine Art Pavilion and a Tequlia Tasting Bar in the middle of the festival! I would have loved to have you and Terri, along with your kids as my guests.

    Lyndon, thank you for the advice, that is very sweet of you.

    I am afraid that you have caught me unaware, I am not sure who is ranked second in line. Hmm, I should look that one up! :)

    Rav'N, I have been collecting vintage ads since I was in my twenties andI have some true treasures. Thank you for stopping by!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home