Saturday, December 09, 2006

Addiction

For Lori...



Addiction
You have an addiction; Like a cancer growing bigger out of control.
I don’t know how it started; End it before it consumes your soul.
You lie, beg, steal and borrow to feed it; That’s what addiction does.
I thought I could trust you, Were you my friend?
You took from me to feed it; I guess I was the victim once again.
You have to work to regain broken trust, addiction has become your lust.
I know what you did; you will not own it, that’s what addiction does to the soul.
You have taken from me once; You will take no more.
I will not feed your addiction.
Marie A Coppla

Copyright ©2006 Marie A Coppla

Once again I want to thank Marie for allowing me to publish one of her poems, Addiction. Marie, you are awesome! Thank you for extending your hand in friendship =0)

Lori,
You can not live in "could'a, would'a, should'a" and there is no turning back time. The only thing we have control over is the here and now. You are not alone, there are millions of people struggling with a family members who are suffering drug and alcohol addictions.
Keep your Faith, honey.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Labels: ,


N Posted by Rain at 12/09/2006 01:31:00 PM

3 Comments

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 6:46 PM  
    Miss Rainy... You looked so elegant last night, wow!

    Hi Marie...waving at you from California!

    Love you Candy
  • Blogger Marie posted at 7:31 PM  
    Rain-Once again I am honored that you have chosen to display my work.

    I hope the poem has brought some comfort to your friend and others who read it.

    Hi Candy...Hope you are well.
  • Blogger Rain posted at 2:39 AM  
    Thank you Candy.
    I really had a great time and the fact that I had breakfast with him this morning...nope, sorry I will not kiss and tell ;0)

    Marie, your poem reflects the thoughts and feelings of most people who have had to deal with a drug user in their lives.

    Personally I have had to deal with anger and feelings of betrayal with my own son because of his own drug and alcohol abuse.

    It was only when I realized that I was his enabler that I was able to deal with my own feelings.

    I read about a program called "Tough Love". It is a very difficult and often painful program because for the first time I was allowing him to fall and forcing him to take responsiblity for his own actions.

    Even now with Rusty sitting in a jail cell if I could go back, I would still follow through with the program. I just wish I had found out about the program sooner.

    Take care :0}
  • Post a Comment

    « Home