Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Dogs Life


I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to my older dog Rascal. He is half Black Lab and half Dalmatian, and he is five years old. As a puppy he certainly earned his name, because he loved to chew on garden hoses, especially if he knew we were going to the beach without him. Rascal is the coolest dog I have ever had, he loves the beach and he will definitely give you a run for your money when it comes to skimboarding. Once, at Dogs Beach he caught a fish in the surf, and brought it to us!
For those of you who have asked, Rascal is trying to adjust to our new puppy Pepper and I think that once she stops using his tail as a pull rope all will be fine. =0}

"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience." ~Woodrow Wilson

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." ~Christopher Morley

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am." ~Author Unknown


*************

Rainman came home from school today and told me that he is going to learn how to make tamales in his Life Skills class. He mentioned that he did not think that the ingredients were the same as I use and that is was causing him some confusion. I explained that not everyone uses the same recipe's, sauces or quality of meats and vegetables for their dishes.

Once we were done discussing the tamales, he asked me for help on a project that he was going to be working on at school. He explained that he was going to write a report and a put together a collage on Marilyn Monroe. I was thinking to myself that this sounded really fun and I made a mental note to call his teacher in the morning. Rainman went on to say that he went to the library and went on the Internet to find out all about her. He said he went to an "official" Marilyn Monroe site and that he came upon a word that he could not understand. As he is telling me this he hands me a piece of paper with the word on it. I look at the word and it says Klismaphilia. Oh shit! I mean, oh crap! Rainman is looking at me and says, "Why are you cussing? Jeez, Mom you're face is turning all red? Are you okay?"LOL. Needless to say I gave him a definition that I felt was most appropriate for his age and his comprehension level.

With that being said I bid you all a good night! Comments are always appreciated.












N Posted by Rain at 8/24/2006 03:23:00 AM

2 Comments

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 5:31 PM  
    5 isn't really too old for a dog. Rascal shouldn't have any trouble keeping up with Pepper. I remember when I first got my current sheperd and we took her over to my aunts house to meet their dogs. They have a rough collie (like Lassie) and my Kali used to run around the collie yanking on her hair. The collie seamed to realise that Kali would eventually grow out of it and so she just put up with it.
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:13 PM  
    Rascal is indeed the coolest dog in San Diego!

    (((hugs for Rascal))) Candy
  • Post a Comment

    « Home