Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Art Through A Childs Eyes.


Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

In Languages from around the world
Now you can greet your international friends with a warm Christmas wish in their own native language.

(Albanian) - Gezur Krislinjden
(Argentine) - Feliz Navidad Y Un Prospero Ano Nuevo
(Armenian) - Shenoraavor Nor Dari yev Pari Gaghand
(Bohemian) - Vesele Vanoce
(Brazilian) - Feliz Natal e Prospero Ano Novo
(China - Cantonese) - Gun Tso Sun Tan'Gung Haw SunSing Dan Fai Lok
(China - Mandarin) - Kung His Hsin Nien bing Chu Shen TanSheng Dan Kuai Le
(Croatian) - Sretan BozicÈestit Boiæ i sretna Nova godina (Czech) - Prejeme Vam Vesele Vanoce a stastny Novy Rok
(Danish) - Gledlig jul og godt Nytt Aar



Santa's Workshop
By Norman Rockwell
Please visit here

Dutch) - Vrolijk Kerstfeest en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar Dutch
(Netherlands) - Prettig Kerstfeest
(Filipinos) - Maligayang Pasko
(Finnish) - Hauskaa Joulua Hyvää joulua ja Onnellista uutta vuotta
(French) - Joyeux Noël et heureuse année
(Gaelic-Irish) - Nolag mhaith Dhuit Agus Bliain Nua Fe Mhaise
(Gaelic-Scot) - Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna Mhath Ur
(German) - Frohe Weihnachten und ein glückliches neues Jahr
(Greek) - Kala Khristougena kai Eftikhes to Neon Ethos
(Hawaiian) - Mele Kalikimake me ka Hauloi Makahiki hou

Snow Sculpturing
By Norman Rockwell

(Hebrew) - Mo'adim Lesimkha
(Hindi) - Shubh Christmas
(Hungarian) - Kellemes Karacsonyi unnepeketBoldog Karacsonyl es Ujevl Unnepeket Kellemes Karacsonyt Es Boldog Uj Evet
(Icelandic) - Gledileg jol og farsaelt komandi arGledlig jol og Nyar
(Indonesia) - Selamat Hari NatalSelamah Tahun Baru
(Irish) - Nollaig Shona Duit
(Irish) - Nodlaig mhaith chugnat
(Italian) - Buon Natale e Felice Anno Nuovo Buone Feste NatalizieBuon Natale e felice Capodanno
(Japanese) - Shinnen omedeto. Kurisumasu Omedeto
(Korean) - Chuk Sung TanSung Tan Chuk Ha.
(Lithuanian) - Linksmu Kaledu
linksmu sventu Kaledu ir Laimingu Nauju Metu
If you want to see more, please go here


Checking his List
By Norman Rockwell


Santa's Helpers
By Norman Rockwell


December 2, 1922
- The Saturday Evening Post



New Year Look
By Norman Rockwell

This is one of my personal favorites, it reminds me of my own grandparents!

******

Today I went to a Christmas party held for children that have been sexually, physically and emotionally abused. We had lunch, sang songs and of course Santa was there with a present for each and every child.

I was given a tour of the building and was given a brief description of the different therapy's that are provided in each room. At the end of the short tour I was in a room where the children use different mediums of art as a form of therapy. The walls were covered in paintings, sketches, drawings and collages.

Never in my entire life have I been so affected by art and completely overwhelmed. Art so graphic and that screamed out;


Pain.
Violence.
Fear.
Anger.
Hurt.
Helplessness.

I started to turn around because of all the feelings that were being absorbed through every pore in my body and I knew that I needed to get out of the room. Just for the record, just because I am Bipolar does not mean that I am an emotional basket case. In fact before being diagnosed I was non emotional, being described as unfeeling and almost cold hearted by my family. Just as I was starting to cry, I felt a small hand touch my arm. When I looked down, there was a beautiful little girl, (I am going to call her Amy) saying "Excuse me, do you want to see my new painting?"

It took me what felt like hours only it was only a matter of seconds to respond and comprehend that she was speaking to me. In Amy's hand was a picture and she was trying to hand it to me. I took the painting from her, headed out of the room and I found a chair to sit on in the hallway.

Amy sat down next to me and started describing what was going on in her painting. On the left, was a monster that was behind bars. The monster had red eyes and a huge tongue sticking out of its mouth. She told me the monster was "him" and that she was so glad he was in jail for ever. There were two police officers standing guard on each side of the bars with guns. In the center, was a big building with rooms full of beds and at the bottom were two female figures walking out of the building with suitcases. Amy explained that those figures were her mother and her leaving the shelter together. To the right was a huge rainbow and at the end of the rainbow was a house with flowers and a cloud in the shape of a smiling face. Amy said that the house was their new home with lots of pretty flowers. When I asked Amy about the face in the cloud, she said simply "That is God, silly. He loves us and provides for us."

Amen Amy. Amen.


Labels:


N Posted by Rain at 12/20/2006 01:02:00 AM

3 Comments

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:43 PM  
    where did you get all those greetings in different languages from? thats pretty cool. Did it come with explanations on how to pronounce some of those words as well? :)

    Btw, the one in Indonesian actually says merry Christmas and happy new year. the spelling is a little off. there should be a space after "natal" and then the word after it is "selamat" not "selamah"
  • Blogger jules posted at 8:55 PM  
    Okay, I'm crying now. Stop that.
  • Blogger Geoffe posted at 10:10 PM  
    Kellemes Karacsonyi to you too!

    Happy Holidays!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home