Sunday, December 10, 2006

Being Grateful




I am grateful for;


That all of my complaints, problems, frustrations, and worries are really small in comparison to others.
There is food in my home.
My roof is not leaking, the pipes are not frozen, and my water heater works.
My dogs have been fed.
Rusty has had a meal, a shower, has a roof over his head and I know exactly where he is.
The electricity bill has been paid. ( This months bill $328.00)
My property taxes have been paid for the year.
No one asked to borrow money from me today =0)
It is raining in San Diego right now!
I am making most of my friends handmade Christmas gifts this year.
The fact that I will not use any credit cards for Christmas gifts.
If I don't have the money to pay for something it will just wait until I do and I am okay with that.
The fact that I will not be sending out Christmas cards this year because I want to save a tree.
I will be sending out Christmas Greetings via email. I know it is not the same as getting a handwritten note however my messages will come from the heart and be filled with love.
I mailed out packages for loved ones at the post office last week and there was only one person in line ahead of me.
My holiday baking starts next week, and that always fills me with joy and happiness.


What are you grateful for? Comments are always appreciated.

Labels:


N Posted by Rain at 12/10/2006 01:52:00 AM

2 Comments

  • Blogger jules posted at 6:35 AM  
    My son is in the same situation...so I'm grateful he's being taken care of medically, fed and housed.

    I'm grateful I'm almost finished with school.

    I'm grateful for my friends who've helped me so much throughout all of this stuff.

    I'm grateful that God gives us strength to endure and go on even when things seem hopeless.

    I'm grateful for getting to know you.

    Merry Christmas.
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1:08 PM  
    Beautifully written..thanks for sharing this lades insight..and have fun baking that fudge!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home