Friday, December 29, 2006

Painters and Parties

The World Most Expensive Paintings, continued.
A Classic Drip Painting
No.5,1948
By
Jackson Pollock

In a private deal brokered by Sotheby's,
the painting 'No.5, 1948',
has been bought by David Martinez, a Mexican financier.
$140 million 2006


The second most expensive painting was
Gustav Klimt's Adele Bloch-Bauer I,
which sold for $135 million in 2006


The third most expensive is

$104 million for

Boy with a Pipe by Pablo Picasso (2004

Fourth: Dora Maar with Cat by

Pablo Picasso,

which fetched $95.2 million in 2006

******************

I hope each and everyone of you have a safe and happy weekend. I will try and post again on or before New Years!

Until then, please don't drink and drive! I can not speak for everyone however, I do not wish to start the New Year having to go to someone's funeral and I can't think of anyone who wants their first purchase of the year to be a coffin. Is it worth the risk?

Labels:


N Posted by Rain at 12/29/2006 04:55:00 PM

5 Comments

  • Blogger Marie posted at 10:22 PM  
    I can't see spending millions of dollars on art. Then again I will never be rich either.

    Have a Happy New Year!
  • Blogger Rain posted at 11:19 PM  
    I understand how you feel marie. If I were wealthy enough to purchase any of these paintings I assure you they would be in a museum for the entire world to appreciate.

    I believe that being "rich" is truly a state of mind, meaning I am surrounded by friends like you, family members that love me and my health which enables me to see beauty all around me.

    Happy New Years to you too, sweetie! XOXO
  • Blogger Wally Banners posted at 1:17 AM  
    Happy New Year too you, your family and all your readers! Paintings very nice.,but this summer i spent a month in europe. I think I must have travled through the lourve for about a week and the sistine chapel has artwork that makes paintings you showed likea doctor seuess book lol. But art is in the eye of the beholder. Ill tell you this tho. You ever see the Mona Lisa you will fall deeply in love with her. Its such a wonder they have a guard that gently pushes you along becasue your litterally in a daze. Opps I am rambling again LOL! dont now if Saddy had his shoes on or not.
  • Blogger jules posted at 1:04 PM  
    Well, technically your fist purchase of the year COULD be the careflight ride to the hospital, BEFORE the coffin. Got the bill for my son's this week...$6,000!
  • Blogger Rain posted at 2:57 AM  
    Wally, Happy New Years to you!

    I have been very fortunate in my lifetime, I have visited the Mona Lisa three times in my life. She is indeed lovely!

    You are correct, any painting posted here will not do it justice. That is why I keep telling people to visit museums!

    Jules, holy crap, that is a lot of money! Stay positive, where there is a will there is a way and I will continue to pray for you and your son
  • Post a Comment

    « Home