Monday, February 26, 2007

A Relaxing Weekend


Marbles V11
By
Charles Bell

Photorealism is a movement which began in the late 1960's, in which scenes are painted in a style closely resembling photographs. The subject matter is frequently banal and without particular interest; the true subject of a photorealist work is the way in which we interpret photographs and paintings in order to create an internal representation of the scene depicted.

Midsummer's Dream
By
Charles Bell

Troupe
By
Charles Bell

Photo-realist still life painter based in New York City and born in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Charles Bell created work distinguished by the fact that the subject matter is depicted in a scale as much as ten times life size. The colors are the clear and vibrant.


Oh Boy
By
Charles Bell

Gumball #11
By
Charles Bell


In his life time he created almost 200 works and wished to have his work reproduced and distributed as widely as possible for as long as possible.

Source: "Who's Who in American Art," Jacques Cattell Press, 1976.

Have a good week everyone! How was your weekend?

Labels:


N Posted by Rain at 2/26/2007 06:36:00 AM

7 Comments

  • Blogger Politically Homeless posted at 8:27 AM  
    I had a wonderful weekend...relaxing and enjoying. With class next weekend it was nice to recharge my batteries for the days ahead.

    I am glad you enjoyed yours too! :)
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:45 AM  
    It is so good to see you at peace. I had a great time at breakfast this morning, thanks!

    My question is...how do you look so good that early in the morning? LOL

    Love you

    Samantha
  • Blogger jules posted at 10:27 AM  
    I LOVE that artwork. And you. Yeah, I love you too.
  • Blogger Lyndon posted at 4:44 PM  
    I posted about my weekend on my blog. Thanks for the email by the way.

    In regards to the art, that last painting is amazing. It looks so real! If you didn't tell me that it was a painting, I would have thought it was the real thing.
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 5:57 PM  
    I seam to learn something new almost everytime I visit your blog Rain. I've heard of the term photo realism before but never knew what it meant. thanks for the explanation.

    i turned my weekend into a blog post too
  • Blogger Wally Banners posted at 10:09 PM  
    Super weekend to you and Rusty Dollface!
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 5:57 AM  
    Good thank you .........

    I love the mrables picture - brilliant.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home