Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Weekend

Wow.
I had fun this weekend.
My next door neighbor's had a wedding and a reception in their backyard on Saturday.
The bride Lilly, looked beautiful and the groom Alex looked so handsome.
For music they had a seven member Mariachi band.
The food was traditional and delicious.
Tamales, tacos, rice, beans, carne asada...Yummy!
The Tequila, beer, and Champagne were flowing.
Lots of laughter and good cheer for all.
They even had a jumping Air Castle for the kids.

Rainman, Twin#1 and Twin#2 attended their first concert ever!
They went to see the Christian Rock band, Jedidiah.
Rainman came home with one of their hoodies...They ROCK!

Getting my house ready for Easter Sunday was a breeze.
It's amazing how fast time flies when you are having fun and everyone cooperates with each other.
I prepared a huge feast for twelve on Sunday.
Ham, chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs and lots of veggies...And sweets for the sweet.
This unfortunately is probably the last year I will do Easter baskets.
I know I say that every year and each year I give in and do it anyway.
The last three years have been a challenge trying to find age appropriate stuff to put in them.
There are not any kids to buy for...All of them (boys) are aged 16 years and up.
So this year I chose to buy toiletries and chocolate for all...I know it sounds strange, shut up L.F!

Rainman is running a slight temp. And has slept almost all day. I will probably keep him home from school in the morning.
I may end up having to make an evening appt..With his doctor.

I will be taking Punky to court in the morning at 9:00 am.
I hope everything works out for him, maybe he can get help he needs.
Unfortunately he does not believe he needs any help cause he doesn't think he has a problem with his drinking.
Who knows? He might figure out that he has a problem since he will have court ordered AA meetings.
Those meetings can't hurt him, right?

Geez, I am full of "maybes" and "if's" aren't I?
I guess that lands me right in the middle of wishful thinking, once again.
Every time I go there I end up disappointed and angry.
I just need to remember that this is not my fight and I have no control over the outcome.
Simply put "It is, what it is".

Have a great day!



N Posted by Rain at 4/16/2006 10:20:00 PM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home