Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Life without you

My personal happiness does not depend on you or you.
You are not responsible for my happiness or any one else's.
You have no control over my actions, thoughts or desires.
They are all mine exclusively.
I am sorry that I don't have your script in my hands.
I don't have the same feelings that you feel.
I don't see things the same way you do.
We are not one in the same.
I admit the mistakes that I have made.
I've taken full responsibility.
I've paid my dues.
You believe that I think I am better than You and You.
That is just not the case, I am no better than anyone.
I've picked up the shattered pieces of my life and moved on.
I've learned my lessons well.
I can look in my mirror and live with myself.
Can either of you say the same?
You believe that I have forgotten my roots,
my "place" and where I come from.
I carry those and so many others as a badge of honor
that lift my spirits higher and higher.
I will not allow You or You to continue to pull me down.
Make me feel bad about myself.
Listen to your whispers that feed my insecurities.
Or hate myself.
I will continue to feed my desires, hopes and dreams without
the either of you.
Peace.

N Posted by Rain at 4/05/2006 09:37:00 PM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home