Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Will Justice be Served?



Clemens Briels
Photo by Onderwerpen SchaatsSport




Romona Visiting her Fantasy Island
By Clemens Briels
Serigraph on Arches Paper



Showing Off the Wings
By Clemens Briels
Acrylic



A Jump of Joy

By Clemens Briels

Offical 2002 Winter Olympics
in
Salt Lake City
Acrylic




"El Tiempo, el sitio, es una combinacion perfecta"
By Clemens Briels

"The colour is the vehicle, the message is what it is all about." ~Clemens Briels


"At Club 501 all VIPs are not VIPs"
By Clemens Briels

I first discovered Clemens Briels works during the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, for his "A Jump for Joy" seen above. With colors that defy the ordinary and a refreshing lack of respect for the academic straightjacket of perspective, he creates an environment that is totally foreign yet so familiar that you feel as if you have been there. I hope you enjoy his work as much as I do. Perhaps someday I will be able to afford an original piece. =0)

*****

My son Rusty's court appearance is coming up later this week. Rusty is facing a maximum sentence of 12 years along with his co defendant, T. I am hoping that they offer him a deal, and that he will take whatever they offer. If not, Rusty and his court appointed lawyer will go to trial. In my own humble opinion making the decision to go to trial would be a huge mistake but what do I know about the law? Nothing. I wonder if they have to take the same sentence or if one can take a deal and the other go to trial?

At the risk of repeating myself I would like to see Rusty sentenced to five years in jail and a one year court appointed drug rehab housing (with a stipulation that if he fails a drug test he goes back to jail for the remainder of his sentence) and five years probation. This probably seems harsh coming from his own mom and I suppose it is. I have been through hell and high water with Rusty. Please do not judge me, I love him very much and I want the very best for him. I am hoping that at the end of this long tunnel he will see the errors of his ways, stop abusing his body, mind and soul to become the productive individual that he is capable of becoming.

I hope you are all having a good week! Take care.

Labels: ,


N Posted by Rain at 1/16/2007 07:58:00 AM

9 Comments

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 5:22 PM  
    Clemens Briels' work is very colourful and has an interesting perspective. Thanks for showcasing it.

    Good luck with Rusty's trial. Whatever the outcome (even if it's your preferred outcome) I know it will be difficult for you, so hang in there. I hope he wisens up at some point, for your sake and his.
  • Blogger mikster posted at 6:16 PM  
    Very colorful artwork. Hopefuly the outcome of Rusty's sentence/court appearance is what's best for all involved and hopefully is something that bodes well for his futre.
  • Blogger jules posted at 7:03 PM  
    Girlfriend, there is no way I'm going to judge you. I've been trying to figure out what I think is "right" by Josh as well. We work hard to teach them all their lives that their actions have consequences. Now we have to sit back and let them learn from those. Hopefully they both will.
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 9:47 AM  
    sigh... i will be thinking about you, and rusty.
  • Blogger Politically Homeless posted at 2:48 PM  
    No judgement here. I hope as you do that this experience will in the end be a positive life-changing experience for your son. I can only imagine how difficult this must be for you.
  • Blogger Trylle posted at 5:29 PM  
    Good luck to you and your son!
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 2:13 PM  
    Hey sweetie,

    I know how hard this is for you...I want you to remember that we love you and Rusty. It is not your fault that he is in this position. You are a good mom and Rusty will be okay.

    Saturday is the big night ;0) I hope everything comes up peaches and creme between the both of you, if ya know what I mean. I just wish a guy would look at me like he looks at you.

    I love you! ~Candy
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 2:19 PM  
    Miss Rainy Pants ;0)

    Sorry to hear about Rusty. He will be okay because he has no choice and you will be okay cause you have all of us!

    Also good luck Saturday night. I happen to know that he has something special planned for the both of you! And no I am not telling. Please don't give me that same crap about you guys just being old friends okay? Something really good will happen between you, I believe its called destiny.

    (((hugs)))
    Samantha
  • Blogger Hale McKay posted at 12:28 PM  
    I will judge you. My judgement? Guily of thinking in the best interest of Rusty.

    My nephew was on a path of self- destruction between the drugs and alcohol. His eventual time in jail did the trick. He has since become a hard-working provider for a family of his own.

    Good luck.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home