Sunday, January 14, 2007

Five Truths and a Lie

Five Weird Things About Me and One Lie



Okay folks , I've been tagged by The Fat Lady Sings who was tagged by Kim of In Full Bloom.

Five Weird Things About Myself and A Lie...

Come on and play, can you spot my lie?


When I was five years old I had a favorite toy, a stuffed monkey sock named Monica. Monica was my very own security blanket, constant companion and my very best friend. One day my mother decided that we were going to go visit a friend of hers and like every other day Monica Monkey went along with us. When we arrived at the house, my mother rang the bell and a man answered the door to let us in the house. I remember walking into a huge entry way waiting for the grown ups to finish saying their hello’s when I heard the sound of what I thought were footsteps, only it turned out to be a huge dog. The sight of the dog scared me and I dropped Monica Monkey. As I bent down to pick her up, the dog lunged at me and bit me in the face. Now I have very high cheek bones and the dogs top teeth ripped into and down my cheek and did severe damage to my lower eye lid, tear ducts and the side of my face. All in all, it took three surgeries to repair the damage, the last on being when I was seventeen.


In my lifetime I have always held a second job in addition to my career. Some of those jobs have included being a hostess, exotic dancer, cashier, secretary and a co owner of a successful restaurant.


In high school I won tickets to go see Led Zeppelin in concert from a local radio station. At the time my boyfriend was in Texas visiting his grandmother and could not go with me. I could not go out with any of his friends, he would not like that, so I thought since the DJ had such a sexy voice, I would ask him to go with me on the air. He agreed! I thought it was so cool of him...and for three days I wondered if his looks matched his sexy voice. Oh boy was I wrong! He wasn’t a good looking man however, he treated me like a princess, put me up on his shoulders during the concert and made sure that we went back stage to meet the band.

As a child I watched both my mother and father “explode” in anger. Once, my dad got so mad we had to take him to the hospital because we thought he was having a heart attack. Watching the both of them I soon realized that “exploding” was not the way to deal with anger. So, I have always prided in myself when it comes to losing my temper. I have never gone from nice to exploding in 2.5 seconds, like my family did. Have you ever heard the phrase “Hopping Mad”? According to my family when I finally do lose my temper, I hop. The last time this happened I crossed a forty foot room in three hops. I don’t even realize it when I do it, it just happens.


When I am preparing a meal, I can not use the same utensil twice. For example I can not chop onions and use the same knife for slicing potatoes. Use the same spoon for stirring soup and use the same spoon to stir anything else? Nope, no can do. There will never be cross contamination in my kitchen! My instructors in Culinary School drilled that one into my head.


Some of you already know that I have huge personal security issues. Being a victim of violence, I have learned my lessons well. For example, when approaching my truck or anyone’s vehicle that I am getting into, I first make sure there is no one hiding around the outside. Then I check the bed of my truck and the backseat before getting in. I always have my keys in my hand and I never turn off the alarm until I am at the door ready to open it.

Remember – one of the above items is false, but I’m not saying what that is! I’ll leave it up to you all to try and figure it out!

Labels: , ,


N Posted by Rain at 1/14/2007 12:13:00 AM

2 Comments

  • Blogger mikster posted at 8:08 PM  
    All interesting but I can't venture a guess.
  • Blogger Geoffe posted at 3:18 PM  
    I guess that you are most likely not old enough to have seen Zeppelin in high school.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home