Monday, March 12, 2007

Mondays Glamour

Where Danger Lives

Robert Mitchum, Faith Domrtque, Claude Rains

Margo (Faith Domergue) is the wife of Frederick Lannington (Claude Rains), an apparently sadistic elderly millionaire. Jeff Cameron (Robert Mitchum) is a man who falls in love with Margo when she was brought into a hospital after attempting suicide. He becomes romantically involved with her without knowing that she's married.

"Nobody pities me!" Margo Lannington

Faith Domerque wrote My Life With Howard Huges in 1972.


Dave Kehr writing for the Chicago Reader notes "Director John Farrow nicely hits the nightmarish, hallucinatory qualities in this standard film noir plot: Mitchum spends the last half of the film barreling down the dirt roads of southern California with a brain concussion, passing out periodically and waking up surrounded by some of the bleakest scenery America has to offer."
**********
What a beautiful weekend here in San Diego! I spent most of my time in the sand at the beach. Watching all the Southern California gods and goddesses swim, surf, skateboard, play volleyball and build sand castles in the sand, it really does not get better than that! ;0)
The highlight of my weekend was a fifteen minute phone call with my girl, Jules over at the Theater of the Absurd. Hang in there sweetie, Big Ernie and time are on your side. Love ya!
I have a very busy day ahead of me, have a great week everyone!
How was your weekend?

Labels:


N Posted by Rain at 3/12/2007 08:09:00 AM

5 Comments

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:07 AM  
    I used to watch this movie with my mom, she had a "thing" for Robert Mitchum.

    I never understood what Howard Huges saw in Faith Domergue, she was not in my opinion a very good actress.

    Good to know that your weekend went well...I for one missed you.:)

    Love you
    Samantha
  • Blogger Geoffe posted at 3:02 PM  
    Ah the classics! I am addicted to TCM movies.
  • Blogger Lyndon posted at 5:01 PM  
    I've been reading your glamour posts for awhile and the one major thing that I notice with all the actresses.

    They actually had curves in the old days, not like the anorexic; multiply plastic surgeries, Barbie dolls that we see today.
  • Blogger pissed off patricia posted at 7:43 AM  
    Thank you for asking. I had a lovely weekend. We spent Sunday afternoon at a large outdoor art show under the oaks. The weather was perfect for such an event.
  • Blogger Politically Homeless posted at 5:20 PM  
    I love those old movies!

    Jules is great even if she only calls me when she's had too many margaritas!

    I'm glad you had a great weekend. I hope we have weather like that during spring break next week.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home