Gratefulness and simple living go hand in hand. When we are grateful, we appreciate life’s free gifts: friendship and solitude; movement and rest; Nature’s bounty and her spare winter introversion; our own alternating sonata movements of joy, sorrow, and joy’s resurgence. Through this appreciation, we find contentment."--gratfulness.org
Today I am grateful for;
- For the gentle fall breeze blowing through the trees.
- To have been loved by my Mother.
- The smell of chocolate chip cookies baking inside my stove.
- That I am refusing to get sucked into a whirlwind of unfulfilled desire.
- The wonderful gift to be able to let go of old ideas and old ways of doing something. I have learned by letting go I do not have to be miserable and I can have peace in my heart anytime or minute. I let go of what ever I am holding on to that causes me pain.
- The heat and excessive humidity had finally broken.
- For the people in my life who loved me and raised me, gave me their time and shared themselves with me.
- For a car to drive to the grocery store, the money to buy groceries, a refrigerator and pantry to store them in. I am grateful for electricity to see with, to cool the house, to cook with. I am grateful I even have a house.
- Having received the greatest gift we all receive in this lifetime; the ability to love ourselves and share that love with others.
What are you grateful for?
N Posted by Rain at 11/09/2007 03:35:00 PM
Brian posted at 5:29 PM
I'm grateful for the life I have had the chance to live, good friends, passionate lovers, wonderful kids, and a treasured career.