|You Are A Vampire|
And you're not afraid to walk alone in life, if it means getting what you truly crave.
You truly enjoy entrancing people. Not to mention the ensuing pleasures of the flesh.
Your tastes have been called decadent and bizarre. You usually give in to your temptations, no matter how primal
Your greatest power: Your flawless ability to seduce and charm
Your greatest weakness: Human flesh
You play well with: Werewolves
|You Are Apple Cider|
|Halloween Horoscope for Cancer|
And you really get into the halloween spirit decorating your house.
Costume suggestions: A witch, wizard, or angel
Signature Halloween candy: Mini peanut butter cups
Scary movie you should celebrate Halloween with: Evil Dead 2
|What Your Halloween Habits Say About You|
Sneaky and devious, people should really watch out for you. You are usually underestimated and forgotten.
Your inner child is stubborn and a bit bossy.
Your fears are irrational and varied. It's hard to predict what you may be afraid of on any given day.
You're prone to be quite emotional and over dramatic. Deep down, you enjoy being scared out of your mind... even if you don't admit it.
You are unique, expressive, and a trendsetter. Your ideal Halloween costume is over the top and one of a kind.
Keep in mind the next few tips to make sure your trick-or-treater’s night in the neighborhood will be safe and fun.
The following was sent to me in an email. Thank you Benita :0)
• Going in for dumb supper, meaning that nobody will talk while having supper, encourages the spirits to come to the table.
• It is believed that if an unmarried girl keeps a rosemary herb and a silver sixpence under her pillow on Halloween night, it is quite likely that on that very night, she would dream of her future husband.
• It is said that if you hear someone's footsteps behind you on the Halloween night, you should not turn back because it may be a dead following you. And if you commit the mistake of looking back, it is likely that you might join the dead very soon.
• People believe that if on the Halloween night, a girl carrying a lamp in her hand goes to a spring of water, she will see the reflection of her life partner in water.
• People have a superstition that if an unmarried girl carries a broken egg in a glass and takes it to a spring of water, she will be able to catch the glimpse of not just her future husband, by mixing some spring water in the glass, but also she can see the reflection of her future kids.
• There is the old saying that "black cats are bad luck". It was once believed that black cats were the devil, or consumed by evil spirits.
• People used to believe that Satan was a nut-gatherer. Nuts were also used as magic charms on the day of Halloween festival.
• If you put your clothes on inside out as well as outside walk backwards on Halloween night. At midnight you will see a witch in the sky. People used to believe witches were the devil, or that they were consumed by evil.
• There is also an old saying "if the flame on your candle goes out on Halloween celebration; it gives you the meaning that you are with a ghost".
• If you ring a bell on Halloween it will frighten evil spirits away.
• Many people used to consider that owls would dive down to eat the souls of the dying on Halloween. They used to think if you pulled your pockets out, and left them hanging, they'd be safe.
• It has been said if a bat flies into your house on Halloween, it is a sign that ghosts or spirits are very nearer, and maybe they are in your home and let the bat in.
• People used to believe that if bats are out early on Halloween, and they fly around playfully, then good weather is to come.
• If a bat flies around your house three times on Halloween, death is very soon to come.
• To ward off evil spirits on Halloween, you can bury all the animal bones in your front yard, or even put a picture of an animal very close to your doorway.
• People used to believe you could walk around your house three times backwards before sunset on Halloween, and that would take care of all evil.
• It could be the spirit of a dead loved one watching you if you watch a spider on Halloween.
My weekend was wonderful and full of exciting experiences. ;0) I will try to write about them at the end of the week. In the mean time I am busy planning two parties, a birthday party for Rainman and a Halloween bash.
How was your weekend?
N Posted by Rain at 10/29/2007 06:44:00 PM