Tuesday, October 23, 2007

San Diego Fires




My favorite local news anchor Larry Himmel, lost his home this morning to one of the fires currently blazing out of control in San Diego. Our hearts and prayers go out to him and his family, as well as any others who have lost their homes in the last three days.

No one in my home got any sleep last night; we were all outside watching the fire that was less than six miles from our house. All of my neighbors were outside keeping a vigil wondering if we where going to get the call to evacuate our homes. Last night I was really frightened and I could not show it because I have to be strong for both Rainman and Joe. The only thing I really wanted last night was a hug from my mom. Sniff.

It is now 2:30 PM our time and I just got a call from my dad; he has been told that he has twenty minutes to evacuate his home.

Please keep us in your prayers.

N Posted by Rain at 10/23/2007 02:40:00 PM

6 Comments

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 12:32 AM  
    Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to read this! You're in my thoughts and prayers. Do try to keep us updated if you can.

    {{{Hugs}}}
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 4:10 AM  
    Keep safe Rain!! I hope everything works out for the best.
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 9:47 AM  
    Will be praying for you and for everyone in danger. Hang in there!
  • Blogger Politically Homeless posted at 6:51 PM  
    Sweetie...you are most definitely in my thoughts and prayers. When I heard about San Diego you were the first person I thought of.
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 7:55 AM  
    my thought are with you. hope you and yours come out of this relatively unsharmed
  • Blogger Marie posted at 3:01 PM  
    This is tryly an unfortunate series of events.

    Just wanted to drop by and say hello.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home