Friday, July 28, 2006

Being Grateful




I am grateful for;

  • The fact that today is Friday!
  • The beautiful yellow roses that were sent to me from Sam(who bumped into me on Monday as he was getting off the elevator and spilled food on me).
  • Having lunch with Sam yesterday at Café Cerise. Excellent food and wonderful conversation. Oh, and he is very easy on the eyes. ;0)
  • The erotic dream I had about a certain Blogger (no, I will not tell who). The dream was very steamy and included fruit, whipped cream and plenty of toys. Wow!
  • My efforts to slim down are starting to show. Learning to Belly Dance is fun and it works!
  • Rainman. He did all of his chores this week, without being reminded.
  • My next door neighbor, Mark. He mowed my lawn and when I asked him about it he said that he was on a ‘roll’.
  • The sunsets. Absolutely gorgeous!

************


This joke was sent to me by my friend Benita. I think it is very cute!

A six-year-old boy told his father he wanted to marry the little girl across the street. The father, being modern and well-schooled in handling children, hid his smile behind his hand. "That's a serious step," he said. "Have you thought it out completely?" "Yes," his young son answered. "We can spend one week in my room and the next in hers. It's right across the street, so I can run home if I get scared of the dark."


"How about transportation?" the father asked. "I have my wagon, and we both have our tricycles," the little boy answered. The boy had an answer to every question the father raised.


Finally, in exasperation, his dad asked, "What about babies? When you're married, you're liable to have babies, you know." "We've thought about that, too," the little boy replied. "We're not going to have babies. Every time she lays an egg, I'm going to step on it!"

************

I have been having a terrible time this summer with my roses, the heat and humidity are causing rose mildew and rust. Normally I treat my roses with a simple solution of water and baking soda. Unfortunately it is not working so I am using a stronger rust and mildew solution, which contains horticultural oil and kelp extract. This is the recipe that I will be using;


Rust and Mildew Solution Recipe

  • 2 tablespoons baking soda
  • 1 gallon water
  • 6 tablespoons horticultural oil
  • 2 tablespoons kelp extract

Mix together and spray on your roses when rust and mildew appear. Try it, anything is better than chemicals.


N Posted by Rain at 7/28/2006 02:43:00 AM

3 Comments

  • Blogger Lyndon posted at 1:34 PM  
    Well your dream is definitely more interesting than any of the ones I've had lately.

    Your week seemed to be pretty good, you must be on a roll as well :-)
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 7:17 PM  
    "I am a strong, sexy, intelligent, candid and loving woman who would do anything for her family"...if I was your family, I'd tell you to put some damned clothes on!
  • Blogger Rain posted at 12:36 AM  
    Lyndon, the begining of my week was horrible. As the week went on it did in fact take a turn for the better! ;0)

    dotbar, I really don't understand why you would feel the need to tell me to put clothes on, as my entire family supports everything I do, clothed or not. Have a good day and peace be with you.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home