Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Center of the Milky Way

The center of the Milky Way

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
by Jane Taylor

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are!
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky.

When the blazing sun is gone,
When he nothing shines upon,
Then you show your little light,
Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.

Then the traveler in the dark
Thanks you for your tiny spark,
How could he see where to go,
If you did not twinkle so?

In the dark blue sky you keep,
Often through my curtains peep
For you never shut your eye,
Till the sun is in the sky.

As your bright and tiny spark
Lights the traveler in the dark,
Though I know not what you are,
Twinkle, twinkle, little star.

Source: The Golden Book of Poetry (Simon and Schuster, 1947).
On a personal note, if I have not been commenting on your site stupid Blogger will not let me! I realize that "they are working on it" and I wonder why after over a week they still have not 'fixed' it? My understanding is that this problem is only effecting those of you who still not joined Blogger Beta.
Have a great day everyone!

Labels:


N Posted by Rain at 11/01/2006 12:33:00 AM

8 Comments

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 4:31 PM  
    Cool! Thanks for posting that Rain. All these years and I never knew that what everybody sings is only the firt stanza of the poem.
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:13 PM  
    I remember long ago when you and I were in kindergarten and you stood up and recited this poem Rainy. Those were the days huh?

    I love that picture of you that you installed on the slideshow! Your site looks great.

    We had a great time with you on Holloween, you naughty girl! =D

    Love Candy
  • Blogger Rain posted at 12:13 AM  
    rav'n~ I am so glad you enjoyed this post. It's unfortunate that most teachers don't teach the entire poem to our children. =)

    Candy~ Wow, you remember that? I thought I was the only one that did.

    Shh...what happens on Holloween is supposed to stay in the secret hiding place. ;)
  • Blogger cube posted at 9:04 AM  
    I've been having tons of trouble with Blogger lately. I imagine we will all have our blogs assimilated into Beta soon. Resistance is futile.
  • Blogger pissed off patricia posted at 11:21 AM  
    I have heard some horror tales about changing to beta. Don't want to do it until I have to. Twice this week my site has gone blank. Nothing showed up but a blank page. Fortunately I know what to do to get it back since it happened once a few months ago. Sometimes I wonder if all the trouble is worth it, then I read a post like yours today and I know it is. I too never knew there was so much more to the poem. I've learned something today.
  • Blogger Rain posted at 10:57 PM  
    Pissed off Patricia,

    When I first changed to beta blogger, there were a few minor glitches that were taken care of by simply downloading Mozilla Firefox. Since then I have had no problems at all.

    Thank you for your kind words.
  • Blogger Rain posted at 11:52 PM  
    Cube, Welcome! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment.

    You are right, eventually everyone will have to switch to beta.
  • Blogger Rain posted at 10:34 AM  
    Hi Sheila! Give your girls extra hugs for me! Have a safe weekend!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home