Monday, April 09, 2007

A Very Sad Day..




ALBANY, N.Y. - For millions of comic strip readers, the prehistoric era was a hoot: Cavemen played baseball, ants went to school, birds rode on the back of turtles and snakes made quips.
All of it was thanks to cartoonist Johnny Hart, who died Saturday at age 76 while working at his home in the nearby hamlet of Nineveh. “He had a stroke,” his wife, Bobby, said Sunday. “He died at his storyboard.”
~~~~~
I want to thank Ms. C for the beautiful handmade Easter bonnet! I wonder how she knew I would wear lavendar? Hmm...a little bird must have told her. =0)
Also, to the six foot pink bunny rabbit (you know who you are) that came up from behind me, picked me up and twirled me around...Welcome home and I hope that this time it is for good! ***smooch***
~~~~~
Things that make me go hmm...
Seen on a bumper of a car parked in the church parking lot;

If You Don't Believe In Oral Sex, Keep Your Mouth Shut.

I need someone really bad. . . Are you really bad?
~~~~
How was your weekend?

Labels:


N Posted by Rain at 4/09/2007 09:16:00 AM

4 Comments

  • Blogger Blueyes posted at 12:37 PM  
    man they are all getting so old and more and more of them are dying :/ No more good quality comics, I read that one too :/
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1:48 PM  
    You looked so hot in your Easter bonnet...made me proud to have you on my arm at church ;)

    That is sad about Johnny Hart..I always read his comics first.

    See you tonight for dinner! Bring Pepper so she can have a run.

    T~
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:18 PM  
    so many of the greats are passing away. not just comic strip writers but comic book writers too. its sad but the natural progession of things I guess. I will definitely miss Johnny hart's work.
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 4:53 AM  
    Love the bumper stickers, Hart's Comic strip was one of the funny ones!! Happy Poetry Month(-:
  • Post a Comment

    « Home