Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Squatters Camp



Today I get a phone call from my son.
Punky tells me that he has met a young lady from North Dakota.
He tells me that she is 24 years old and that she is pretty.
My son makes a point to tell me that she lives a Vagabond Lifestyle by choice.
Punky tells me that after spending the day and most of the night together she invites him to stay with her.
So he follows her along the waters edge, under a bridge and over a hill, down into a river bed.
After walking a while Punky sees a glow in the distance, and hears House music playing really loud.
Around a huge bush there is a clearing and he sees a camp fire with many people standing around.
He suddenly realizes that this young girl lives in a Squatters Camp.
Punky said he was invited to stay, by all that were there.
Said they were all really nice.
Then Punky said that he was invited to leave, cause he thinks he may have been rude.
"I was really drunk and you know I have a mouth."
When asked, “what did you say?”
He said that he is “to good to sleep on the ground”.

That boy reminds me of my own father when he was drunk.
Violent and verbally abusive.
Apples really don’t fall far from the tree do they?

N Posted by Rain at 4/26/2006 12:21:00 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home