Friday, August 04, 2006

Grateful for the Rain

Spring Rain, Martinez
Warren Dreher
Date:??? Medium; pastel


Today I am grateful for;

  • My faith. It is the strongest anchor I have.
  • Making the decision to do the right thing, even if it isn’t the easiest path to take.
  • That I am a woman and part of the stronger sex.
  • For my son, Punky even when he pushes all my buttons.
  • Having the wisdom to know when I need a “time out” and the sense to lock the door behind me.
  • For the understanding coworkers and friends who give me my room when I am having a bad day.
  • Long walks in the rain after a difficult day.
  • Allowing the tears to fall and the long hard sobs to be released.
  • Understanding that when I let it out, I no longer have to carry it with me.
  • The smell of wet chaparral, sage and lilac…so calming.
  • For giving as much as I can, when I can without remorse.
  • For every lesson I am given by life’s up’s and down’s because I would not be the person I am with out them.
  • For all the wonderful people in my life who challenge me to think differently.
    For the realization that I am not alone.
  • That life does not have to be perfect to be beautiful.
  • For letting me, be myself…again.

What are you grateful for?


N Posted by Rain at 8/04/2006 01:37:00 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home